Thursday, October 15, 2009

Disney World!!!

After a quick bite...we went back to the hotel to wait for the rest of the Fink Girls.
That evening, Grandma Vonnie joined us at a Hawaiian restaurant where Flora ordered a fabulous dessert (waffle cone with ice cream, chocolate Mickey, various "do it yourself" toppings with a crown of cotton candy). I found it strange that although Flora did not eat a bite of this dessert...she still was running up and down the hallways of our hotel making a strange bird call sound (very un-Flora-ish). This manic episode was a little warning that our sweet girl was about to come down with a 101.9 degree fever (at 2 am) that lasted for 4 straight days. Poor honey.
The next day was Disney Hollywood Studios. We met Grandma Vonnie and Aunt Amy for lunch at a 50's retro cafe. Ava loved the "old fashioned" layzboy.

The decor was adorable...the girls had never seen a black and white tv nor a record player.

Some highlights of Hollywood Studios...the Little Mermaid Show, the Beauty and the Beast Show, the Muppet Show in 3d. Some "misses"...Playhouse Disney ("too babyish") and most regretful...taking Flora on the Tower of Terror and seeing the color drain from her face and that look of "how could you". I will never forget it (even though she begged me to take her and would not allow me to bribe her with "you can buy anything in this store instead of going on the Tower of Terror"...she has some stubborn German blood). Ava just said "I told you so...didn't you listen when I told you that I could hear people SCREAMING!!!".

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: