Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Fond Farewell to Ballet Class

Posted by Picasa
I now am $30 a month richer. Ava, my future Prima Ballerina, has decided go the self-taught route and is quitting her once a week "Creative Movement" ballet class. She just did not want to go and it was during Flora's nap time...so I guess it was a no brainer. I did enjoy visiting with the other Mommies...but I guess it is not always about me. I asked her why she wanted to stop participating and she said, "It isn't real ballet like I have seen on television. We just play games and jump around. I would rather just dance at home with Flora.".

We are now doing a home-ballet-school. Our instructor is Candy from the "You Can Learn Ballet" DVD that Grandma Susan bought for Ava last year. Even Candy tends to stifle Ava's creativity at time so she often just does her "own moves" to the radio. Flora is also thrilled to participate as she meets the age requirement for the Home Ballet program.

0 comments: