Friday, May 9, 2008

Why I don't homeschool...

Ava and her class took a field trip (transported on the Sheepwagon) to Riverfront Park. I was lucky enough to go along as a chaperon.
For the bizillionth time, I was reminded how lucky Ava has been to attend Good Shepherd Lutheran Preschool with Jan, Jeanni, and Debbie.
It was raining when we arrived at the Park. In my Fischer-mind, I was already thinking, "Ok, lets get off this bus...take a brisk walk...get back on and back to our warm classroom".
Nope...we slowly strolled and experienced "teachable moments". We looked for interesting leaves...
stopped and explored "insect hotels" aka fallen, rotted logs...
found worms...observed the goslings...consulted the bird books as we looked through binoculars.
The teachers listened patiently to questions, comments and shared their own insights...they are living saints and their patience reminded me to slow it down and enjoy these times of childhood.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: