Monday, September 1, 2008

Kindergarten...Day One

Ava started Kindergarten this week. She was hesitant to go... but armed with her new backpack and lunchbox and the support from her dear friend Taylor (who is in her class)...she made it in the building without much of a fight (and just a few alligator tears).

Flora took it the hardest as she brought her princess backpack and assumed she could join Ava in Kindergarten. After a tearful ride home, Flora's attitude quickly changed when she realized that she could play with all of Sister's "special" toys while she was in school all day.
When Eric and I picked Ava up at 2:20, she said "I made a new friend. I am glad I tried it but I am happy I am done with my one day. I don't want to go back, thank you". After some moments of confusion, we figured out that Ava misunderstood my earlier statement of "let's take it one day at a time".
After a couple days, we still have some tears and she says it lasts too long but she has accepted that Kindergarten is a part of life. She says "it is good but it is not something I exactly love".
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Kim said...

The picture of Ava and Taylor gave me goose bumps! I love how they are holding hands and looking apprehensive...it's so sweet and so real for their first day of school.